Monday, August 12, 2013

The Big C

Today is the Queens Birthday - a national holiday and Mother's Day. So what better way to celebrate than shopping? I hit the local WalMart/KFC/Finally Me Bakery. Hard to find anything made in Thailand. But I found a couple of books and some cookies for my teachers since tomorrow is actually my last day of teaching at the school. They have conference days the rest of the week so I will go to some other school and help.

Anyway fireworks are going off in the neighborhood and downtown Bangkok is covered with Twinkie lights and gazillions are gathering for a candlelight ceremony at the grand palace. Maybe you will see it on TV!

We get an English paper here and the US news that makes it through besides business and sports has been Swiss apologizing to Opera and US reassessing relations with Russia.
 

1 comment:

  1. Robin, I adored reading your blog! Safe travels home, and I'd LOVE to see some pictures.

    Best,
    Ian

    ReplyDelete